The many health benefits of kratom include its ability to promote sleep. In fact, in Asia, where kratom originates from, it is commonly used as a natural remedy for insomnia. A single dose of kratom relaxes the body and eases stress, which can help those who are prone to insomnia. There are many strains of kratom and each has different properties and effects on the body. Each strain also has different effects on sleep, so it’s important to know which strain is best for your needs when using this herb as a sleep aid. We have put together this guide to answer all of your questions about the best kratom for sleep and how you can use it optimally.
What is the Best Kratom for Sleep?
There is no “best kratom for sleep” in the way that there is a best strain of coffee for sleep. However, there are certain strains of kratom that are more likely to promote sleep than others. For example, kratom types that are high in the alkaloids 7- hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine are more likely to promote sleep than a strain that is high in stimulatory alkaloids like the alkaloids mitragynine pseudoindoxyl or 9- hydroxycorynantheidine. Generally, kratom strains that are higher in the alkaloid 7- hydroxymitragynine have more sleep-promoting properties than strains with higher amounts of mitragynine. The best kratom for sleep may also depend on the individual. If you have trouble falling asleep, if you have trouble staying asleep, or if you have trouble staying asleep without waking up in the middle of the night, there is a kratom strain for each of those issues.
How Does Kratom Promote Sleep?
Kratom’s ability to promote sleep is due to the alkaloids it contains. There are many different alkaloids in kratom, and each has different properties and effects on the body. The two major alkaloids that are responsible for kratom’s status as a natural sleep aid are 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine. 7-hydroxymitragynine is a good candidate for the best kratom for sleep because it is a potent opioid receptor agonist. In plain language, that means that it activates opioid receptors, which promotes feelings of relaxation and euphoria. Mitragynine, on the other hand, is kratom’s primary alkaloid responsible for improving mood and uplifting the user’s mood. It has been studied as a possible treatment for depression, anxiety, and even obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Which Strains of Kratom are Best for Sleep?
As we previously discussed, there is no one “best kratom for sleep.” Instead, there are many different strains of kratom that are best suited to promoting sleep. Here are some strains that are commonly used to promote sleep.
- * Borneo/Indo/Greater Borneo: Borneo is high in 7-hydroxymitragynine and is a great kratom for sleep. It is also a great kratom for overall relaxation and pain relief and is popular for daily use.
- * Indo is another strain that is high in 7-hydroxymitragynine and is also a good kratom for
- * Sumatra/Bali: These are both high in mitragynine, which makes a great kratom for However, Bali is particularly high in “amine” alkaloids, which is a class of kratom alkaloids that are also known to promote sleep.
- * Thai Kratom: Thai kratom is high in mitragynine and consequently is also a good kratom for There are also several different Thai kratom strains, including Maeng Da, which is known for its high percentage of mitragynine.
Which Strains Should You Avoid?
As we’ve discussed, certain kratom strains are better for sleep than others. However, there are a few strains that are generally considered to be poor choices for kratom for sleep and you should avoid them.
- Bali: Bali kratom is high in amine alkaloids which helps promote However, it also has high levels of caffeine, which can be a problem for people who are trying to avoid caffeine before sleeping. Bali kratom can be great for waking you up, but it can also keep you awake at night.
- Maeng Da: Maeng Da is a high-quality kratom that is used in many different blends. It is known for its high percentage of mitragynine and so can also be a good kratom for However, it is also high in caffeine, which is not helpful to promote sleep.
Consequently, it is not recommended before bed.
How to Optimally Use Kratom to Promote Sleep?
Kratom is a versatile herb that can be used in many different ways to address a wide variety of health issues. Depending on the type of kratom that you purchase, you can consume it in a number of different ways.
- * Kratom Extract: Kratom extracts are a concentrated form of kratom that has been extracted using cold or warm water. These extracts are then filtered and dried so that they can be consumed as a powder or in the form of kratom Kratom extracts are often more potent than regular kratom leaves and can be used in smaller doses.
- * Tea: Kratom tea can be made with any strain of The tea can then be consumed either hot or cold.
- * Powder: Kratom powder can be mixed with water or other liquids and consumed as a It can also be mixed with food or put in capsules for more precise dosing.
When used responsibly and in the right amounts, kratom can be a safe and effective natural sleep aid for people of all ages. Kratom is a versatile herbal supplement that can be used to address many different issues. It can be used to promote sleep, relieve pain, improve mood, boost energy, and much more. No matter what issue you are trying to address, there is probably a type of kratom that is best for you. To learn more, please visit EastWestHerbal.com